POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : reading configuration file not permitted : Re: reading configuration file not permitted Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reading configuration file not permitted
From: Marton Fabo
Date: 7 May 2004 08:14:45
Message: <409b7db5$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> How did you assume this being valid syntax for the ~/.povray.conf of
> POV-Ray 3.5?

I'll tell you: since I just tried to solve my problem any way I could, I
tried this thing also. Googling aroud revealed a documentation page
regarding this permission stuff - and despite it was the docs of 3.6
beta, I thought I'd give it a try. After all, why should I have assumed
that *anything* I find in the beta docs wouldn't apply to 3.5?

Additionally, this syntax can be found in the stock povray.conf which
comes with 3.5, so I guess I wasn't that really wrong with my assumption.

> The Documentation describes the format of the povray.conf
> file in the platform specific part.  Also note the POV-Ray installation
> package (both source and binary) come with a povray.conf that should
> work without problems.

Yes. And what good is it if I don't have the privilege to install it
where it's due, and thus povray thinks the list of permitted paths is
empty (which I'm free to constrain further through user-specific
configfiles)?

Anyway, thanks for the valuable input.

mortee